Re: JDK 1.1 advantage?

Hi

On 10 Mar, Mike Moran wrote:
> Joel.Crisp@bristol.ac.uk wrote:
> [ Anselms comments deleted ]
>
>> To my mind, this depends on the release of the LINUX JDK 1.1. The
>> dev kit is available for SOLARIS, and I am using an early SGI port,
>> which seems to be fine. Add linux support to this, and you have ix86,
>> ALPHA and ARM coverage as well.
>
> 	Could you possible tell me more of this "early SGI port"? Is
> 	it available for IRIX 5.3? I too am waiting on linux 1.1
> 	support.

I'm using IRIX 5.3 ;-) I wrote to SGI, telling them I had to drop back
to developing on a SUN - I got the alpha port by return-of-email ;-)

Talk to ssuresh@kitty.engr.sgi.com (Suresh Srinivas)

> 	Btw, this same issue is being raised on suns Java Server list.

Can you forward to them ? I'm not on that list - too proprietry ;-)

> 						Thanks,
>
> 							Mike
>
> --
>
> Mike Moran              Internet Developer and Administrator
> mikem@clearcut.co.uk    Clear Cut Ltd., 82 Great King St.,
> (0131) 5583730          Edinburgh, Scotland, Great Britain

Joel
--
Joel.Crisp@bris.ac.uk | ets-webmaster@bris.ac.uk  | "I remember Babylon" -
Software Engineer, Institute for Learning and     |        Arthur C Clarke