JDBC & Jigsaw (fwd)

Forwarded message:

> Anybody doing any ("serious") work with Jigsaw using JDBC?
>
> What tools/toolkits/etc. are you using and on which platforms?
>
> Thanks,
> 	John

The Joule project uses a simple mobile object protocol
developed for Habanero. We've developed Jigsaw resources which
construct objects out of the results of JDBC calls and then
ship them to clients in the bodies of HTTP replies. Underneath
the driver, we're using a micro-DBMS I developed called Decibel,
which is written entirely in Java. Eventually, we hope to
replace our transport mechanism with Java's serialization API.

The home page for Joule is
 http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Homepage/joule.html
habanero
 http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/Habanero/
and decibel
 http://twinge.ncsa.uiuc.edu/decibel/

Please excuse the way the homepage for Joule makes it sound like
Jigsaw was developed by NCSA! I just noticed that for the first time
and I'll have it corrected immediately, hopefully before you all
get this message :)

--
Joe Futrelle
HTTP Server Development, Joule/Hacksaw Group