IOException on restart/shutdown

Matti Suhonen writes:
 > Keep getting the following even with 1.0a5 in errlog at every restart/shutdown:
 >
 > [http-server] [restart]: inited !
 > [http-server] [restart]: IOException while unblocking server thread.
 >
 > [http-server] shutdown inited...
 > [http-server] [shutdown]: IOException while unblocking server thread.

This is a workaround non-interruptible IOs in Sun's
jdk1.0.2. The problem is that to shutdown, I have to stop the thread
looping on accept. The only way I have found in 1.0.2 is to connect a
socket to the server socket, which seems to fail under your
implementation (check line 1146 of w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd)

BTW Does it ultimately shutdowns ?

 > It also means that restart/shutdown is delayed until cache has to visit the
 > disk or something. Would be a minor inconvinience except with remote
 > administration which I'm about to test.

I am not sure I understand, could you provide more details (what do you
mean by cache ? and by remote admin ?)

Anselm.