out of the box behavior

I just downloaded alpha5 (zip version) onto my win95 box running jdk1.02
and unzipped it.
from inside the unzipped directory I type:

java w3c.jigsaw.Main -root jigsaw

It loads the properties and then gives an error:

Unable to load dll unix.dll

I was able to find the source for unix.c and the binary unix.so.
Is there a precompiled unix.dll available?

In any case, why should I need C code.  I thought the whole point of
jigsaw was to stay platform independent.

---
So I tried installing alpha5 on my solaris (sparc) box.
(after putting unix.so on my path)
I tried adding FancyResource. I got an error regarding file extensions
and associations.  When I try loading a non-existent class it gives the
appropriate file not found error.

---
What is the story with a5?

-Alex-

S. Alexander Jacobson			Interband Communications
1-212-799-2645 voice			1-212-799-1075 fax