Original Text
From: www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org, on 1/23/97 7:36 PM:
To: <www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org>

FROM too long. Original FROM is '"darrell starnes"
<Darrell=Starnes%AppSrv%Sys=Hou@bangate.compaq.com>'

----------------------  Original Message Follows  ----------------------

I packaged up a configured jigsaw and sent it off to a business associate.
When he installed it,
he placed it in a different drive and directory than my package. He
modified the startup script, the classpath, and the httpd.props file to
correct all of the path changes. However, it seems that
config\auth\realms.db has a hard coded path to the relams db files for the
realms supported by
Jigsaw. He could not perform authorizations. He tried removing the files
and jigsaw got a
null pointer exception. Eventually he was able to get it corrected by using
a HEX editor and
modifying the realms.db file.

Is there a way to place relative paths in realms.db so that a user
does not have to edit this file?

Should Jigsaw do something appropriate if all of the auth files
are missing?

By failing, you cannot use a browser to re-configure the authorizations if
the files are deleted or damaged.

Is there a better way to do this that I haven't figured out yet?

Darrell Starnes
Internet Solutions Division, Compaq Computer
email: starnes@netgate.compaq.com
voice: 713-518-3812