Gratuitous cache saving?

Mark Friedman writes:
 > I often get long periods of seemingly useless but very time consuming cache
 > saving. The output looks like the below except the real display can be upwards
 > of 20 cache saving cycles in a row! Any ideas what might be going on?

No unfortunatelly :-( The only thing I can say, given the trace, is
that the whole cache has been emptied. I haven't noticed this (bug ?)
myself, it could occur under the following circumstances:

a) You browse (through the proxy) a lot of sites, filling the cache.
b) You go home and have some rest for more then 24hours
c) You come back, all cached documents have expired

But even this is not a satisfactory answer (in fact, it wouldn't
happen like that). I guess more details would be appreciated, you can
examine what's in the cache by the following commands (windows and/or
unix):

cd config/cache
java w3c.www.protocol.http.cache.jdbmResourceStore cached.db

This will dump all the cached resources, it might help finding the
problem. If you know a mean to reproduce it let me know too.

Thanks,
Anselm