Re: Generating large amount of data

 > > The next release of Jigsaw adds a w3c.jigsaw.http.Client:isInterrupted
 > > method that you can also call during processing to check whether the
 > > client has closed the connection or not (if you implement my above
 > > suggestion, I don't think you need it though).
 >
 > I'll be happy to use this method. However, the user will still be forced
 > to care about killing such running threads himself/herself. Why not
 > giving an option that the client notifies some registered "Observer"s
 > when the connection is broken?

I did give some thoughts to that, but (I don't know why) I am not sure
that's a real good idea (I think it interacts with the resource store
manager, but the kind of interaction that might happen is already
happening in some other place).

More precisely, say we define ClientObserver interface, that you can
implement to get called back once the request processing is done. It
is likely that you will use a resource to implement that interface;
then what happens if after request processing is done, but before your
callback is invoked, the resource is unloaded ? BTW The same problem
can happen now that the LookupResult has a pointer to the target
resource.

In practice, this is unlikely to be a problem (because I would expect
the store manager to be configured in such a way that this situation
is probabilistaclly unrealistic) it may happen though...

Anselm.