Re: st-xx.bak

Dave Makower writes:
 > >This is a bug in Java (I didn't had time to look if 1.1 fixes it). The
 > >problem is that File:renameTo requires that you delete the target (if
 > >it exists) on Windows, but not on Unix. I think I fixed most the calls
 > >to File:renameTo, but would be glad to fix the ones I did miss. Do you
 > >have a stack trace ?
 > >
 > >Anselm.
 >
 > Hmm.  It doesn't seem to cause a stack trace when that occurs.  It just
 > fails to overwrite the files, and as a result doesn't checkpoint the
 > server.  I'll try to run it under the Symantec debugger, find out exactly
 > where it's happening, and get back to you.
 >
 > (Note: I'm using Jigsaw 1.0a3, without any of the patches you have posted
 > to this list -- just too lazy/preoccupied to deal with the hassle of
 > recompiling those classes and reintegrating into jigsaw.zip.  Hopefully,
 > the next version is imminent...)

THe problem may be in SimpleResourceStore::internalSave. By the end of
the method, a lot of work is done to overcome the bug, I may have
missed something though. Ultimatley, what you see seems to be warnings
only (so it should still work fine).

If you find something that needs to be fixed, let me know.

Thanks,
Anselm.