Re: Java NET.DLL implementation

Alexandre Rafalovitch writes:
 > At 5:25 AM +1000 10/12/96, Scott Jewell wrote:
 > >The only problem I'm having right now with Jigsaw is when
 > >accessing directories or using two names for the same server, Jigsaw
 > >appears to return a HTTP 302 relocated message with the Location:
 > >specifying http://some_url.  This causes the browser a problem because
 > >it then tries to access the URL using http rather than the https
 > >protocol that was originally used.
 > >
 > >I looked around for where the 302 is actually generated in the code but
 > >was unable to find it.
 >
 > I think dependance on http protocol is part of Request class code. Look at
 > notifyEndParsing() code. It has http hardcoded in under some conditions
 > when it sets URL attribute. All the other code, I believe, takes it from
 > there.
 >

 > >Is there something I can do to prevent this behavior from Jigsaw?
 >
 > Well, I will let Anselm to answer that. There might be some need for
 > differenciating between protocols based on presence or absence of some
 > request headers ( I am not sure, I did not look at SSL yet).

Here is what you will find in next release releases notes:

---
The getURL method of HTTPResource instances now return the full path
of the resource within any of the server contexts (it used to return
the full URL).
---

As this is the method used to emit the location header value, things
will be better....

Anselm.