Re: Java NET.DLL implementation

At 5:25 AM +1000 10/12/96, Scott Jewell wrote:
>The only problem I'm having right now with Jigsaw is when
>accessing directories or using two names for the same server, Jigsaw
>appears to return a HTTP 302 relocated message with the Location:
>specifying http://some_url.  This causes the browser a problem because
>it then tries to access the URL using http rather than the https
>protocol that was originally used.
>
>I looked around for where the 302 is actually generated in the code but
>was unable to find it.

I think dependance on http protocol is part of Request class code. Look at
notifyEndParsing() code. It has http hardcoded in under some conditions
when it sets URL attribute. All the other code, I believe, takes it from
there.

>Is there something I can do to prevent this behavior from Jigsaw?

Well, I will let Anselm to answer that. There might be some need for
differenciating between protocols based on presence or absence of some
request headers ( I am not sure, I did not look at SSL yet).

>Thanks for any help you can offer.
>--

Not very helpfull, but hopefully it have cleared things a bit for you. :-}

Regards,
    Alex.
Ps. You probably know that Anselm is on conference all this week, so don't
wait for the fast answer from him.....

alex@access.com.au