re: Java NET.DLL implementation

On Wed Dec 4, 1996, Scott Jewell wrote:

    I've recently completed some work on replacing the sockets routines
    within the NET.DLL supplied with Java with routines utilizing SSLeay.
    I thought I'd see if there was any interest in making the routines
    available under the SSLapps umbrella.  These routines allow any Java
    program to communicate using SSL without modification.

Yes, please.  We're starting a project that encapsulates RMI in SSL and
this would be a terrific starting point. Our work will expose some other
methods to applications (query peer's cert, set SSL crypto algorithms,
etc).

I'm also happy to correspond with anyone who's interested in this work.

Cheers,
Dave