Global Information Store between resources

Kai Schmidt writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > could someone get me started on this:
 >
 > I would like a 'GlobalResource', which I can use to store some global and persistant information
 > into.   Of cource one should be able to read this info by name from another resource. I tried with
 > Resource Attributes and am able to create and store infos (in the java code, and in /Admin/Editor).
 > like:
 >
 > GlobalResource=Class.forName("w3c.jigsaw.tutorials.GlobalResource");
 > a = new StringAttribute("AGlobalAttribut", "Some Default", Attribute.EDITABLE);
 > MY_INDEX = AttributeRegistry.registerAttribute(GlobalResource, a) ;
 >
 > but I can only read within the same program with:
 >
 > getValue("MyOwnAttribut",null);
 >
 > How can I read from another Resource? Or is there a better way to pass information from one
 > (postable) resource to the other?

Look in trhe mail archive, I outlined a simple solution to
this. Basically:

class SharedContext {
    static Resource getSomeResource() {
        // Restore the resource out of its store, or whatever
    }
}

And the in your resources, use:

Resource r = SharedContext.getSomeResource();
r.getValue("some-attribute");

Anselm.