Re:Servlet API compliance

At 12:42 AM +1000 27/11/96, Philippe Nicolai wrote:
>I suppose this question has already been asked but, do you plan to make
>jigsaw Servlet API compliant ?

Ok, this is the answer as of now.

I am working on incorporating Servlet API in Jigsaw. It is not extremely
difficult, but there are couple of things that might lead to Servlet
working under Jeeves and not under Jigsaw. Most of them are due to Jeeves
team not knowing what behavior exactly they want and copying existing
behavior is very hard without having their sources.

Also, they seem to be creating Servlet Embedding Toolkit which might be a
duplication of what I am trying to do.

I expect to get alpha version of adapter classes in a week or two. I would
like to have alpha testers for it, but I would prefer people who have
experience both with Jigsaw and Jeeves. Knowing CGIs is a huge plus too,
because I am not exactly sure what different calls in HttpServletRequest
should return.

If anybody wants to have a pre release look at the classes and think they
can help me in developing them, you can send me e-mail and I will contact
you back when the code is ready to be looked at.

Otherwise, you can wait until beta version which I will announce on both
Jigsaw and Jeeves mailing lists.

Hope that answers your question,
     Alex.
Ps. I am doing this as my free time project, so the time frames depend on
me not having better ideas for free time. I am sure all of you understand
what it means. :-}

alex@access.com.au