Re: Database as proxy cache

> > Well, I'll be using an OODB but I know about that part of things. Is there
> > anything I should know about how to implement a ResourceStore that isn't
> > mentioned in ResourceStore.java?
>
>I don't think so, but I guess you will be one of the first to try to
>do that, so any comments wellcome (I'll be glad to help you offline
>for the details, if needed).

We've managed to write our own resource store using JDBC as the backend.  My
recommendation is to just follow the code from SimpleResourceStore.java; it's
pretty easy to see what's going on in there and then model your own new store
after it.  The store I've written is pretty basic (it just stores resources
into a three-column SQL table with the repository name, the resource
identifier, and the pickle data), but it seems to work.  As soon as I work a
few kinks out of it, such as merging it with the Alpha 3 code base and the
Decibel database that Joe Futrelle mentioned earlier, I'll see if I can put it
up someplace for people to look at...

Jason Hoos
jhoos@ncsa.uiuc.edu

  "I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours, but I think that God's got
     a sick sense of humour, and when I die I expect to find Him laughing..."
                                          - Depeche Mode, "Blasphemous Rumours"