Re: Jigsaw on Macintosh ?

Hi,

Well, we are trying to get Jigsaw running on the Mac out here.
We had the alpha server up and running but didnt do any testing
with it.

We have compiled Alpha 3 natively on the Mac using instructions
in the archives of this list and  even configured it as a Proxy
Server (after a lot of trial and error). But either Metro Works
Java aint right or its a browser problem or something, it just doesnt
work reliably enough.It crashes within a couple of requests. Your
best bet is Apple's Cyberdog as it works quite well with the Jigsaw
proxy server.

I am no Mac expert and have done no development on the Mac, but have
helped our local Mac expert getting Jigsaw run on it.

Jigsaw as a proxy server/Web server has run ok on NT (I havent worked
with anything else and so have no comparison numbers).

Hans-Olav Warholm wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I have just posted some questions concerning
> the Jigsaw server to jigsaw@w3.org.
>
> Now I also try out this list.
>
> My question is:
> Have any of you folks out there tried running
> the Jigsaw server on a Mac ? How do you set it up ?

See the archives of this list. A couple of folks have written
excellent messages on how to get it to compile and run.

> What about the path to the Java interpreter ?

Explained in the messages...

> Thanks for all hints !

Njoy!

--
Mahesh Joshi

Mahesh Joshi			          {O} 415-254-5441
KnowledgeSet Corp.                        {H} 510-792-3955
mjoshi@kset.com