Re: <!--#include file="file.txt" -->

Antonio Ramirez wrote:

> Hm. Nothing happens as in the browser hangs? Or it fetches the
> file without test.txt included?

The latter.

> It works here, so the only reason I can think why it might not be
> working is that test.txt is not indexed by Jigsaw. Did you define the
> txt extension? (I'm not sure if it comes defined in the distribution).
> You could try including a .html file, just to be sure.

I've loaded the 'test.txt' file into the browser successfully, but it
just won't appear when I use 'include'.  I also tried to include
'FAQ.html' in 'Overview.html', without success.

> On the other hand, it could very well be a bug, for some situation
> that I didn't anticipate. If it keeps happening after you absolutely
> made sure that the included file is indexed, I'd like details.
>
> To see if the file is indexed, try getting
> http://localhost/User/test.txt with a browser.
>

> By the way, I just found a bug related to what you told me.
> The include command doesn't check to see if the resource wasn't found
> (it doesn't check to see if the HTTP status code is OK). So if you have
> an ErrorFilter installed, it will include its output. Blech.

I installed the 'w3c.jigsaw.filters.ErrorFilter' to both Overview.html
(the including file) and FAQ.html (the file included), but it still
doesn't work.  sigh.

I'm using jigsaw 1.0alpha3, on a DEC alpha.

Thanks for your help, Antonio, but it seems I need more.:-)

Weiping