Re: Jigsaw as a service!

> wplatzer@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at writes:
>  >
>  > I run Jigsaw on NT as a proxy cache and it is very fast and works really =
>  > fine. But how can I start Jigsaw as a service, so that if I logout Jigsaw=
>  >  continuous running ?
>
> This is not supported right now. I am not a Windows* expert, but maybe
> using MS implementation and the COM support you might be able to
> register Jigsaw as a service in Java ?
> If ever you consider that option and produce some usefull code, let me
> know if you're interested in contributing it...

I haven't tried it myself yet, but I've heard references to a utility in
the MS Resource Kit that lets you run things as a service. Check out the
docs for the Resource Kit (I don't have them handy). I'm going to have to
do this myself in the next couple of weeks, and when I get it figured out
I'll be sure to post it..

good luck,

--
Stephen Petschulat <stevep@oroad.com>