authentication and changing the server host

Antoine Bertier writes:
 > I recently had to move my jigsaw server from one machine to another.
 > I just zipped the whole jigsaw directory and unzipped it on the new
 > machine, then just changed the host parameter.
 >
 > Everything seemed to work fine, EXCEPT authentication:
 > the admin realm seemed to have lost its user, and indeed the
 > Admin directory was still protected and no longer accessible
 > by anyone (however ADmin or admin were accessible, due to
 > a bug reported on this list some time ago).
 >
 > Is it just me or is it supposed to be this way ?
 > What is the procedure to follow in such a case to move
 > the server and still be able to administer it ?

The other day, I run into a funny situation, where if the host in the
URL wasn't the FQDN, I wouldn't be able to authentify myself, this
might be your problem here (I still haven't figured out why this
hapenned).

Eg, I was from the foo.com domain, accessing server at
bar.foo.com. When pointing netscape to http://bar/Admin it wouldn't
work, but if I get there through http://bar.foo.com/Admin, I was able
to authentify myself properly.

Let me know if you have any luck with this (I still have to get time
to figure out why the host name relates to the protection).

Anselm.