Request for try{}catch

Alexandre Rafalovitch writes:
 > I just ran into the problem that made me wish Jigsaw had a bit more
 > protection against the programmer.
 >
 > I will give an easy example.
 >
 > I created the class based on the other file. It compiled fine, but when I
 > tried to add it to Jigsaw, it bombed out.
 >
 > Looking through the trace, I realized that the mistake was mine. I forgot
 > to change the name of the file in Class.getForName() so was getting
 > non-existing class. That caused Jigsaw to bomb out without any way to save
 > data or anything else.

Yes, that one was intentional (at least at the time I decided to go
that way). The real problem, in fact, is that by the time you detect
the error (ie in a static block), you don't have much infos on where
and how to report the error properly...

 > It would be very nice if the process of creating new resource had a big
 > try/catch close and used that to see if resource creation would bomb out
 > and if it will, refuse creation of resource the same way it does if it just
 > can't find it.

Hum, I guess you cannot thow an exception from a static block, so you
won't be able to catch anything outside that block...

Anselm.