Re: CGI Problem

> Which implementation is wrong?

>That's a good question. Normally the query string is supposed to be
>passed to CGI programs as the first argument, which is what Jigsaw
>does, so - although I am biased - I think Jigsaw is right.
>
>If ever you have the ability to test the script under some other
>server, let me know if it differs.
>
>Anselm

The author of the specific program writes:

My references are the NCSA httpd reference at:
http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/

The CGI can be checked and tested at:
http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi/

It increases argc for every new argument given at the command line.

Regards,
   Tomas

If you test the CGI implementation with http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/test-cgi/extra/path?1+2+3
the server relies:

CGI/1.1 test script report:

argc is 3. argv is 1 2 3.

SERVER_SOFTWARE = NCSA/1.5.2
SERVER_NAME = hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu
GATEWAY_INTERFACE = CGI/1.1
SERVER_PROTOCOL = HTTP/1.0
SERVER_PORT = 80
REQUEST_METHOD = GET
HTTP_ACCEPT = image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
HTTP_USER_AGENT = Mozilla/3.0Gold (WinNT; I)
HTTP_REFERER =
PATH_INFO = /extra/path
PATH_TRANSLATED = /u/Web/extra/path
SCRIPT_NAME = /cgi-bin/test-cgi
QUERY_STRING = 1+2+3
REMOTE_HOST = www.iaik.tu-graz.ac.at
REMOTE_ADDR = 129.27.230.6
REMOTE_USER =
AUTH_TYPE =
CONTENT_TYPE =
CONTENT_LENGTH =
ANNOTATION_SERVER =

I hope this helps

      Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Platzer
Technische Universitaet Graz - University of Technology Graz