The attribute registry

mailing list receiver writes:
 > Hello,
 >

 > How exactly does the attribute registry work?
 >
 > Once a resource has registered itself to the
 > registry, what happens then ?
 > I read somewhere that it keeps them in a database in
 > the server? Is this true?
 > So you could use the registry as a sort of a DBMS?

No, the attribute registry is just a way of keeping resource
description at runtime (what attributes they define, their types,
etc). However, resource stores are some sort of database, and
can/should be used as such.

 > When is this registry cleaned and by whom?

The attribute registry is bever cleaned (it will be cleaned by the GC
once I have done the appropriate changes, and once Java supports class
garbage collection). The resource stores are cleaned by Jigsaw when
"memory is getting low" (quotes since there is no easy mean to know
when memory is getting low in Java at this point).

Anselm.