Putable Resource!

wplatzer@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at writes:

 > I tried to upload a html document using Netscape Gold 3.0, but it doesn't=
 >  work.
 >
 > I did the following:
 >
 > 1) On Admin/Directories I used Add directory to add a new directory templ=
 > ate. I called it Upload and used the class w3c.jigsaw.resources.PutableDi=
 > rectory.
 >
 > 2) I created physically this directory in Jigsaw/WWW.

At this step, make sure (by checking /Admin/Editor/Upload) that the
classes used to export the Upload directory is really
PutableDirectory. If not reindex it.

 > 3) With Navigator Gold 3.0 I pressed Publish... and specified the URL: ht=
 > tp://host:port/Upload/Test.html
 >
 > 4) I always get the message:
 >
 >     Error uploading files
 >
 >     The server responded:
 >
 >     Target resource not found !
 >

 > Am I doing something wrong ?

First of, this should work (I have tested it myself). I guess you have
created the Upload directory *before* defining the template, so it was
indexed using a DirectoryResource which will not allow you to create
new documents.

Anselm.