CgiResource and www-jigsaw listserver

steve nunez writes:
 > First, I would like to thank Anslem for his help in modifying the
 > CgiResource file. I've modified the class to return the REMOTE_HOST env
 > variable because this was required by a CGI legacy application. I now have
 > a very strange problem related to this legacy application. If I run the
 > application from the DOS command box (the platform is Win95), the program
 > outputs the correct HTML. If, however, I call it from Jigsaw the
 > application returns an error. I've verified that all the proper env
 > variables are set, and can't see why this app won't run when called from
 > Jigsaw. I've turned on trace, and I can see one error that might be
 > relevant:
 >
 > 	w3c.jigsaw.http.HTTPException at
 > w3c.jigsaw.resources.ContainerResource.lookup (ContainerResource.java: 94).
 >
 > which would indicate that the target resource here is null . I have tried
 > this legacy application under another Win95 webserver (the Omni Webserver)
 > and it works fine. I am baffled as to why this application works fine from
 > both the command line and other servers, but not when called from
 > Jigsaw.The problem _appears_ to be similar to one where the applications
 > configuration file is missing or incorrect. Could Jigsaw somehow be
 > interfering with the proper reading of this file (though I doubt it)? It
 > could also be that this exception is unrelated, I don't know Jigsaw
 > internals well enough to tell.
 >
 > Anslem, would it be possible for me to work with your updated CgiResource
 > class? Perhaps I can test this for you before it's release in Dec. I really
 > need to get this working, and would like to use Jigsaw if at all possible.
 > I would be happy to help in the testing and debugging of this class.

I think I know what your problem is, your script is probably using the
PATH_INFO stuff, which wasn't supported in previous release of
Jigsaw. Now, if you are a w3c member, you should be able to get the
new release from:"

http://www.w3.org/member/WWW/Jigsaw

page. This include fixes (numerous fixes) to CgiResource.

 > Oh, regarding the listserver -- I have not received a single message since
 > I signed up last week. Is there a problem with the server? I think that at
 > least a few people must be getting messages, since I've received replies to
 > my queries.

I know, we are having trouble with our mailing lists, I am looking
after that...

Anselm.