CgiResource and www-jigsaw listserver

First, I would like to thank Anslem for his help in modifying the
CgiResource file. I've modified the class to return the REMOTE_HOST env
variable because this was required by a CGI legacy application. I now have
a very strange problem related to this legacy application. If I run the
application from the DOS command box (the platform is Win95), the program
outputs the correct HTML. If, however, I call it from Jigsaw the
application returns an error. I've verified that all the proper env
variables are set, and can't see why this app won't run when called from
Jigsaw. I've turned on trace, and I can see one error that might be
relevant:

	w3c.jigsaw.http.HTTPException at
w3c.jigsaw.resources.ContainerResource.lookup (ContainerResource.java: 94).

which would indicate that the target resource here is null . I have tried
this legacy application under another Win95 webserver (the Omni Webserver)
and it works fine. I am baffled as to why this application works fine from
both the command line and other servers, but not when called from
Jigsaw.The problem _appears_ to be similar to one where the applications
configuration file is missing or incorrect. Could Jigsaw somehow be
interfering with the proper reading of this file (though I doubt it)? It
could also be that this exception is unrelated, I don't know Jigsaw
internals well enough to tell.

Anslem, would it be possible for me to work with your updated CgiResource
class? Perhaps I can test this for you before it's release in Dec. I really
need to get this working, and would like to use Jigsaw if at all possible.
I would be happy to help in the testing and debugging of this class.

Oh, regarding the listserver -- I have not received a single message since
I signed up last week. Is there a problem with the server? I think that at
least a few people must be getting messages, since I've received replies to
my queries.

	- Steve Nunez
	snunez@netgate.compaq.com