Re: Clarification on the indexer

Anselm I think your are right insaying we would want to
modify the indexer itself... our site is made up of a collection
of materials that are....
HTML Documents
CGI (Lots of CGI)
Documents from an imaging system (FAXes mainly)
Dynamic Information coming from our engineering group

and all of this information is either...
Completely accessable
filtered
or not available
according to the users security privledge and
the objects access privledge

if the information is not available
I dont want the user to know its there
..our goal here was to have a site that would not say no,
it would onlt make available the items that are accessable
to the user.

All of these objects are registered within a
Sybase RDBMS along with the users and all of the security
info needed to do this. our current project is PERL based
but afer reading your initial papers on Jigsaw and working
with the alpha we could see that we could intigrate many of our back-end
cgi applications into the httpd.

This is where the indexer came in as an issue. I think if we could index
on the fly from our RDBMS instead of the default method according to the
users access, we could bypass the need for cgi (or resource) controlled
indexes and document serving.

I hope this clears up my initial question.

Bruce Nelson