Re: CGI problems

Remy AMOUROUX writes:

 > 1) Using the following url, with an http server like apache,=20
 > 	http://mysite/cgi-bin/test-cgi/truc/muche
 >    the test-cgi is executed and you will have
 > 	 PATH_INFO =3D /truc/muche
 >
 >    The same url used with the jigsaw server gives :
 > 	<h1>Document not found<h1>
 > 	Document /cgi-bin/test-cgi/truc/muche not found on this server
 >
 > So, the script is _never executed_ on a jigsaw server. Maybe, I'm
 > doing something wrong but I don't know what !

No, I am guilty here, I just didn't understand what PATH_INFO was. I
just fixed the problem, and test-cgi seems much more happy:

http://mysite/cgi-bin/test-cgi/truc/muche
-> PATH_INFO = /truc/muche
http://mysite/cgi-bin/test-cgi/truc/muche
-> PATH_INFO = /

 > 	So, is it choice in the jigsaw design to disallow this feature

No, a bug, now fixed.

I have included below the full result of the new CgiResource, when
used to trigger test-cgi, under various circumstances. If ever you
think some of the settings are buggy, let me know.

Thanks for the feedback,
Anselm.

GET http://mymachine.w3.org:1234/abaird/tests/cgi/test-cgi

    CGI/1.0 test script report:

    argc is 0. argv is .

    SERVER_SOFTWARE = Jigsaw/1.0a
    SERVER_NAME = mymachine.w3.org
    GATEWAY_INTERFACE = CGI/1.1
    SERVER_PROTOCOL = HTTP/1.0
    SERVER_PORT = 1234
    REQUEST_METHOD = GET
    HTTP_ACCEPT = image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
    PATH_INFO = /
    PATH_TRANSLATED =
    SCRIPT_NAME = /nfs/usr/abaird/jigroot/WWW/abaird/tests/cgi/test-cgi
    QUERY_STRING =
    REMOTE_HOST =
    REMOTE_ADDR = 18.52.0.30
    REMOTE_USER =
    AUTH_TYPE =
    CONTENT_TYPE =
    CONTENT_LENGTH =

GET http://mymachine.w3.org:1234/abaird/tests/cgi/test-cgi?serachString

    CGI/1.0 test script report:

    argc is 1. argv is serachString.

    SERVER_SOFTWARE = Jigsaw/1.0a
    SERVER_NAME = mymachine.w3.org
    GATEWAY_INTERFACE = CGI/1.1
    SERVER_PROTOCOL = HTTP/1.0
    SERVER_PORT = 1234
    REQUEST_METHOD = GET
    HTTP_ACCEPT = image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
    PATH_INFO = /
    PATH_TRANSLATED =
    SCRIPT_NAME = /nfs/usr/abaird/jigroot/WWW/abaird/tests/cgi/test-cgi
    QUERY_STRING = serachString
    REMOTE_HOST =
    REMOTE_ADDR = 18.52.0.30
    REMOTE_USER =
    AUTH_TYPE =
    CONTENT_TYPE =
    CONTENT_LENGTH =

GET http://mymachine.w3.org:1234/abaird/tests/cgi/test-cgi/foo/bar?anotherSearchString

    CGI/1.0 test script report:

    argc is 1. argv is anotherSearchString.

    SERVER_SOFTWARE = Jigsaw/1.0a
    SERVER_NAME = mymachine.w3.org
    GATEWAY_INTERFACE = CGI/1.1
    SERVER_PROTOCOL = HTTP/1.0
    SERVER_PORT = 1234
    REQUEST_METHOD = GET
    HTTP_ACCEPT = image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
    PATH_INFO = /foo/bar
    PATH_TRANSLATED =
    SCRIPT_NAME = /nfs/usr/abaird/jigroot/WWW/abaird/tests/cgi/test-cgi
    QUERY_STRING = anotherSearchString
    REMOTE_HOST =
    REMOTE_ADDR = 18.52.0.30
    REMOTE_USER =
    AUTH_TYPE =
    CONTENT_TYPE =
    CONTENT_LENGTH =

CgiResource now protected through Basic Authentication:

http://mymachine.w3.org:1234/abaird/tests/cgi/test-cgi/truc/much

    CGI/1.0 test script report:

    argc is 0. argv is .

    SERVER_SOFTWARE = Jigsaw/1.0a
    SERVER_NAME = mymachine.w3.org
    GATEWAY_INTERFACE = CGI/1.1
    SERVER_PROTOCOL = HTTP/1.0
    SERVER_PORT = 1234
    REQUEST_METHOD = GET
    HTTP_ACCEPT = image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
    PATH_INFO = /truc/much
    PATH_TRANSLATED =
    SCRIPT_NAME = /nfs/usr/abaird/jigroot/WWW/abaird/tests/cgi/test-cgi
    QUERY_STRING =
    REMOTE_HOST =
    REMOTE_ADDR = 18.52.0.30
    REMOTE_USER = abaird
    AUTH_TYPE = Basic
    CONTENT_TYPE =
    CONTENT_LENGTH =

If ever you can think of other tests situation, let me know.

Anselm.