adding new resources

hi-

i've been slowly plugging through the tutorials and, unfortunately, i got
stuck on adding the FancyResource. i compiled the FancyResource.java and
i put it in the same directory where jigsaw.zip lives, namely,
INST/Jigsaw/classes. i also added that directory to CLASSPATH so that
the CLASSPATH=INST/Jigsaw/classes/jigsaw.zip:INST/Jigsaw/classes, and
restrted the server. the idea is to help jigsaw to find
FancyResource.class, right?

now, when i'm trying to add the new resource (name = fancy, class =
w3c.jigsaw.tutorial.FancyResource) jigsaw tells me:

    "Fill in the name of the extension, and the class that files having
    this extension should be exported with."

alas, i don't understand why i get this, after all 'class' is an existing
extension... and where am i to fill it in?

then further on in the tutorial under "Installing the resource" i read:

"You are not supposed to have compiled the fancy resource class. What we
want to do here, is actually using it in our exported space..."

hmm... so where do i place this FancyResource.java for the magic to
happen?

i apologise for being so dense and thank in advance whoever is willing to
take time to help me.

-a

Aaron Shtromas (ams@mci.net)                  MCI Internet Engineering
                                              2100 Reston Parkway
"chip-chip-chip... ja, Pantani is weg!"       Reston, VA 22091
    (Belgian TV at L'Alpe d'Huez 1995 TdF)    (703) 715-7334