Strange Jigsaw Behaviour under Win95...¿Other plataforms?

nexus@adv.es writes:
 > I've run thew Jigsaw in trace mode (as you tolde me); and I've run Netscape
 > for a while browsing files in Jigsaw's domain. Then I left the browser open
 > without doing anything for 10-15 minutes (no query was made: Single user
 > machine ;-) and when I want to make a new query (maximize the browser and
 > select a link in the Jigsaw documentation), I see Netscape looking for the
 > file (as when you have no DNS) but I't doesn't find It.
 >
 > The response of running jigsaw in trace mode is "just" as follows:
 >
 > > [parsed]http-version=HTTP/1.0
 > > [parsed]method=GET
 > > [parsed]uri=/User/Reference/w3c.jigsaw.auth.GenericAuthFilter.html
 > > [raw   ]connection=Keep-Alive
 > > [raw   ]referer=http://localhost/User/Reference/filters.html
 > > [raw   ]host=localhost
 > > [raw   ]accept=image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
 > > [raw   ]user-agent=Mozilla/3.0b3 (Win95; I)
 > > java.io.IOException: Client output stream closed.
 > >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Reply.flush(Reply.java)
 > >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Reply.emit(Reply.java)
 > >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.emitReply(Client.java)
 > >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.loop(Client.java)
 > >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.runConnection(Client.java)
 > >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.run(Client.java)
 > > w3c.jigsaw.http.ClientException: Client output stream closed.
 > >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.emitReply(Client.java)
 > >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.loop(Client.java)
 > >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.runConnection(Client.java)
 > >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.run(Client.java)

I assume the request to /User/Reference/... is the one that blocks
Netscape. From Jigsaw perspective, it looks as if the document has
been sent back entirely (or an not-modified), and that the client has
then closed the connection. This can easily be checked by looking at
the log file for the given transaction (it well tell you if the file
was sent back, or what was sent back, if anything).

BTW, I have noticed strange thing when using localhost on Win95 with
Netscape & Jigsaw. Try using 127.0.0.1 instead (just to see if you get
the same problem...)

 > Why #@! is the client output stream closed ???

This is probably because netscape closed it (I beleive you are the
only user of the server). Jigsaw would try closing the connection only
if it runs out of them (which means, probably after 10 or 20 - at
least - connections are made).

 > I hope this problem come form Netscapes's BETA browser; not from
 > the Server (I really like Jigsaw).

If it comes from Jigsaw, we will fix it :-)

Anselm.