Logfile Suggestions

Doug Marker writes:
 > One suggestion we want to offer is that the log file not be locked to
 > prevent other tasks or processes reading it.
 >
 > In our other servers we were able to write simple & quick scripts that
 > would allow us to glance through the log each to to check activity. With
 > Jigsaw we can't get at the log unless we shutdown Jigsaw then we can
 > view the file.

I am not sure what you mean by locking (?) If you take a look at the
w3c.jigsaw.http.CommonLogger, you will see that it just uses a
RandomAccessFile to output the log (arent' you hitting an OS/2
specificity ?)

 > In time we could write a resource to display it on-line (is there one ?)

This ought to be part of the "monitoring" part of what should be a
jigadm application, probably based on applets.

Anselm.