What are these attributes for?

I can't understand how/where to use those attributes : identifier, title,
expires and maxage from HTTPResource, relocate, storeid and icondir from
DirectoryResource and filename from FileResource.

In details:
I do not understand who uses identifier, title and expires.  FileResoure
and DirectoryResource don't seem to use it in any way. If anything uses it
then what?

I looked through the code of DirectoryResource, but seem to miss the
purpose of relocate. Can anybody clue me in on that one?

Icondir, is that directory within current directory where to find icons? Is
that recursive? I mean if there is an icon in icondir use it, otherwise go
to the parent and repeat search? Any other behavior?

Also, FileResource has a attribute filename, does it mean I can have
different name of the resource and underlining file? What about title or
identier? Aren't they for the same  purpose.

If I am creating my own resources what are the things I should take care
of, and what would be handled by the system/editors?

maxAge and storeId, just have no idea if they are used at all.

You can see I am confused,
     Alex.

--------| I feel as confused as a baby in a topless bar. |--------