Removing DirectoryResource does not remove its children. ?

Hi,

Still playing around with DirectoryResource and feel I found so many
bugs/inconsistancies, that maybe that is me, who does not understand the
arcitecture and trying to fit every possible thing where it does not
belong? :-{

The question is thus:
I have a DirectoryResource. I delete it, because it has many entries
pointing to non existant files. The reason why my DirectoryResource has
pointers to non-existing files is because it never deletes resources, when
their files are deleted. I could call it another bug, I guess.( You know
there is 'extending' flag, but there is no 'contracting' flag :-{} ).
Anyway, i delete a DirectoryResource with hopes that when I index it again,
it would be the same result, as if it never was indexed again. However,
when it is entered next time, I see old familiar directory listing with
many non existing entries. Tell me it is not confusing. The only way I see
now to do that is to go and select everything in the directory, mark it for
reindexing  or deleting and go. However, trying to select 50 or so
checkboxes can be frustrating..... :-{

I start to think that this, and several other problems can be solved with
things discussed in previous mail such as 'Indexable' flag and recursive
operations, but such things have to be discussed in details, so all cases
are covered.

Comments anyone,
    Alex.

--------| I feel as confused as a baby in a topless bar. |--------