Mobile Agent Execution in Jigsaw

First of all, I'd like to say that the Jigsaw design, IMHO, is quite elegant.  The ability to
create custom resoure types and execute an arbitrary implementation of GET, PUT, etc. is very
powerful.

I am particularly interested in support for mobile agent execution, i.e. Java classes securely
roaming from server to server, perfoming some arbitrary task on behalf of a user.  I've noticed
in the httpSecurityManager code that support for agent execution is planned.  I have some
questions regarding this capability:

- How far along is the design of the agent architecture?

- Will it consist of interfaces so that we can implement our own versions of agent mobility and
execution that adhere to a standard API?

- Will you accept suggestions and/or assistance?

Although the concept of agents roaming the Web is scary, it will happen eventually.  Java is
the perfect environment for this and within a couple of years, according to JavaSoft's press
releases, it will be embedded within every major operating system.  This is a good opportunity
for a reputable organization, such as the W3C, to provide a secure, standardized agent
framework/architecture for the Internet.  If anybody is interested, there are some interesting
papers written for the Joint W3C/OMG Workshop on Distributed Objects and Mobile Code at
http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/OOP/9606_Workshop/submissions/accept.

Steven Farley
sfarley@aurorasim.com