RE: DAV and Microsoft Web Folders

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Gillen, David S wrote:

> I did a little snooping around, and noticed that Jigsaw does not add the
> MS-Author-Via header to its response messages.  This header is not part
> of the WebDAV standard, but is included in many WebDAV server
> implementations to be compatible with Microsoft clients.  I added the
> header to my own copy of the Jigsaw source, and bingo!  Jogsaw started
> working with Microsoft WebDAV clients.  Any chance of including this
> header in a future release of Jigsaw, or making it a configurable
> option?

Hum, indeed this header is present in the WebDAV I set up for myself.
Another issue, when you use password protected zone is the fact that one
component may send username\machine as the username. There is a "lenient"
flag in the AclRealm in the AclFilter to cope with that.

For the MS-Author-Via: DAV header, the best way is to add on the DAVFrame
of the root document a HeaderFilter
with "header-name" -> MS-Author-Via
and with "header-value" -> DAV
all other option unticked.