Re: DAV and Microsoft Web Folders

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 22:27:33 +0100 (MET)
To: "Gillen, David S" <david.gillen@pnl.gov>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Gillen, David S wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm new to Jigsaw and am very intrigued by its architecture.  We are
> interested in deploying it as a WebDAV server, but we can't seem to get
> the built-in Microsoft Web Folders WebDAV client to recognize Jigsaw as
> a WebDAV server.  I can connect to Jigsaw with DAVExplorer, so I know I
> have WebDAV configured and running properly within Jigsaw, and I've used
> Web Folders to connect to other WebDAV servers (like mod_dav).  Is there
> some special setting I need to change to make Microsoft Web Folders
> recognize Jigsaw?  I get the generic error that the folder I specified
> is not valid
>
> I'm running Jigsaw WebDav 2.1.2 as the server on my Windows PC, and also
> running Windows XP as the WebDAV client.

Ah it is a very old version of Jigsaw, you might want to upgrade to the
latest release, lots of things has been added in the WebDAV support to
provide better compatibility with the behaviour of some clients.
To do so, just update the jars, with the one in the new release, it will
automatically update the configuration of your existing setup.

Yves Lafon - W3C