Re: Search how to crypt the authentification

From: CLOUD <cloud@madpowah.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 13:52:07 +0100
To: William Cai <wcai@xwarelabs.com>
CC: www-jigsaw@w3.org

William Cai wrote:
> Usually we calculate MD5 sum of password and store the MD5 sum. Does
> that make sense?
>
> On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 23:15 +0100, CLOUD wrote:
>

>>Hi.
>>
>>I search how i can crypt the password of admin and users. I try to
>>find
>>the good class to change it but without success.
>>Someone can help me ?
>>
>>Thanks

Thanks for your answer.

I don't want the algorithm but the class which stores the pass in the
xml file and the class which auth the user when he wants to modify data,
to add an algorithm.I've tried with the class
org.w3c.jigsaw.auth.AuthUser.java but without success . I thought it can
be :

 /**
     * Get the user password.
     */

    public String getPassword() {
	return (String) getValue(ATTR_PASSWORD, null) ;
    }

    /**
     * Set a new password for this user.
     * @param passwd The new user's password.
     */

    public void setPassword(String passwd) {
	setString(ATTR_PASSWORD, passwd);
    }

but if I change passwd in setPassword()  before the setString, there is
no change...

Thanks for your interest.
					Rémi Laurent