Re: Jigsaw Stores question

From: Rodrigo Carvajal <rcarvajal@ihmc.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:58:56 +0000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Cc: nno@ocegr.fr

We are having the SAME problem described by Nadim Noureddine.   Does
anybody know how to solve this problem?

Rodrigo Carvajal

Hi all,
We have been using Jigsaw 2.2.2 on an intermediate version of our
product, and some testers have encountered the following exception
during the start-up of Jigsaw:

         at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.checkpoint(httpd.java:815)
         at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.shutdown(httpd.java:1495)
         at org.w3c.jigsaw.Main.main(Main.java:15)

I dit not personnally reproduce the problem as I don't know the exact
sequence to get it.

Everytime the problem occurs, it is due to the config\stores directory
where files are corrupted.
Once, I got a ZERO-byte file st-25.tmp in stores\25 directory
Another time I got the http-server-index.xml and root.xml filled-in with
'00' (hexa) codes. The files where not empty, they where nearly of the same
size as the backup files.

I would like to fix this problem, or to workaround it.
When are the stores files re-generated (not using Jigadmin tool at all)?

I found out that copying the original (installation of Jigsaw) stores files
in order to replace the corrupted files hierarchy works.
Is this workaround acceptable at each start-up of Jigsaw?

Can anyone give me any clue on this problem, why it occurs?

Best Regards,
Nadim Noureddine