Re: Jigsaw Stores question

From: Rodrigo Carvajal <rcarvajal@ihmc.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:58:56 +0000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Cc: nno@ocegr.fr
Hello,

We are having the SAME problem described by Nadim Noureddine.   Does
anybody know how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Rodrigo Carvajal

====================================

Hi all,
We have been using Jigsaw 2.2.2 on an intermediate version of our
product, and some testers have encountered the following exception
during the start-up of Jigsaw:

java.lang.NullPointerException

         at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.checkpoint(httpd.java:815)
         at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.shutdown(httpd.java:1495)
         at
org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.ServerHandlerManager.<init>(ServerHandlerManager.java:287)
         at
org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.ServerHandlerManager.main(ServerHandlerManager.java:500)
         at org.w3c.jigsaw.Main.main(Main.java:15)

I dit not personnally reproduce the problem as I don't know the exact
sequence to get it.

Everytime the problem occurs, it is due to the config\stores directory
where files are corrupted.
Once, I got a ZERO-byte file st-25.tmp in stores\25 directory
Another time I got the http-server-index.xml and root.xml filled-in with
'00' (hexa) codes. The files where not empty, they where nearly of the same
size as the backup files.

I would like to fix this problem, or to workaround it.
When are the stores files re-generated (not using Jigadmin tool at all)?

I found out that copying the original (installation of Jigsaw) stores files
in order to replace the corrupted files hierarchy works.
Is this workaround acceptable at each start-up of Jigsaw?

Can anyone give me any clue on this problem, why it occurs?

Best Regards,
Nadim Noureddine