From: www-jigsaw-request@w3.org [mailto:www-jigsaw-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Linda Pan
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 9:51 AM
To: www-jigsaw
Subject: Jigsaw 2.2.4 JigAdmin problem on Solaris

Hi,
I've installed Jigsaw 2.2.4 on a Solaris server but cannot start the
JigAdmin tool.

The Jigsaw server runs:

	# cd /usr/local/src/Jigsaw

	# ./scripts/jigsaw.sh
/usr/local/src/Jigsaw/Jigsaw/config/server.props
*** Warning : JigAdmin[2.2.4]: no logger specified, not logging.
JigAdmin[2.2.4]: serving at http://betula:8006/

Jigsaw[2.2.4]: serving at http://betula:8001/

but when I try to start JigAdmin with this command:

CLASSPATH=${JIGSAW_HOME}/classes/jigsaw.jar:${JIGSAW_HOME}/classes/sax.j
ar:${JIGSAW_HOME}/classes/xp.jar:${JIGSAW_HOME}/classes/jigadmin.jar:${J
IGSAW_HOME}/classes/xerces.jar
export CLASSPATH

java  -Xms16m -Xmx128m org.w3c.jigadmin.Main -root
/usr/local/src/Jigsaw/Jigsaw http://betula.ccs.bbk.ac.uk:8006

I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11
window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

        at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
        at
sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:126)
        at
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnviron
ment.java:62)
        at java.awt.Font.initializeFont(Font.java:310)
        at java.awt.Font.<init>(Font.java:346)
        at
org.w3c.jigadmin.gui.ServerBrowser.unBoldSpecificFonts(ServerBrowser.jav
a:484)
        at
org.w3c.jigadmin.gui.ServerBrowser.main(ServerBrowser.java:538)
        at org.w3c.jigadmin.Main.main(Main.java:19)

Running on Solaris 9 with Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition Version 1.4.0
Accessing the server remotely via telnet from Windows XP.

Is it possible to configure Jigsaw without using JigAdmin or can you
offer a solution?

thanks,

Linda

-------------

Linda Pan
Central Computing Services
Birkbeck, University of London
email: l.pan@bbk.ac.uk
tel: +44 020 7631 6337
fax: +44 020 7631 6556

This e-mail and any accompanying documents or files contain information that is the
property of Perseco, that is intended solely for those to whom this e-mail is addressed
(i.e., those identified in the "To" and "Cc" boxes), and that is confidential, proprietary,
and/or privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby
notified that any viewing, use, disclosure, forwarding, copying, or distribution of any of
this information is strictly prohibited and may be subject to legal sanctions.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately of any unintended
recipients, and delete the e-mail, all attachments, and all copies of both from your system.

While we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that any attachments to this e-mail
have been swept for viruses, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a
result of software viruses.