Making all jigsaw resources read-only?

From: Gregory Read <gread@mqsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:12:12 -0600
To: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>

Hi,

We are using jigsaw as a server of resources with the majority set to
use cvs via the org.w3c.jigedit.webdav.frames.CvsDAVDirectoryFrame and
org.w3c.jigedit.webdav.frames.CvsDAVFileFrame frame classes.
Alongside this, most resources are assigned a put-indexer with put
enabled.

Is it possible/what would be the preferred method to set the entire
repository read-only? i.e. not puttable.

We have been pointed at the w3c.jigsaw.publicmethods=xxxx property and
removing PUT from the list of public methods, but that didn't seem to
work.

Most important of all our considerations would be the ability to do this
without going through jigadmin.  If this involves writing a small java
command line utility that would be fine, I just need pointing in the
right direction.

Many thanks in advance,

Greg Read