Re: adding a new filter

Hello Juraj.
The filter class just has to be in the classpath. Jigsaw keeps a list of
the installed filters in the
JIGSAW_HOME\Jigsaw\config\jigadmin.zip\frames.p file but it is used just
for creating the drop-down list when you add a filter. If you don't want
to edit this file every time you add/remove a filter you can simply
write down the name of your class (e.g. FiltersPackage.MyFilter) instead
of choosing one from the list.
As far as the dynamic adding or removing of filter classes is concerned,
it is more a "java" issue than a "Jigsaw" issue. As far as I know (but
without being absolutely certain) java cannot load classes that did not
exist in its classpath when the JVM started. You will have to modify
(override, wrap) java˘s class loader in order to achieve this. Even if
you succeed in this, you will have to pay big attention in whether the
JVM has already loaded in memory your class when you modify it.
I can't see though, why would you ever need to do such a thing. You can
always add and remove already compiled filters through jigadmin. In a
production environment you don't change your software every now and
then, in a testing environment you don't care if the server restarts.
Where do you find this useful?
--
Panos.