Re: About the three cache filters

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Red K wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see there are at least three cache filters in
> Jigsaw:
> (1)org.w3c.jigsaw.filters.CacheFilter
> (2)org.w3c.jigsaw.filters.SimpleCacheFilter
> (3)org.w3c.www.protocol.http.cache.CacheFilter
> However, I can only see the first one in my Jigsaw
> Admin. I want to know how can I use all other filters
> and frames.

It depends if you want a server-side filter or a client-side filter.
Server side filters are user to cache document generated by the server
(a bit like having a cache in front of your server), while the client-side
one is used when the server has to get something on the net.
Note that as the client stack may be reused, the client-side cache is very
useful, as you get a client stack + cache.

The client side one can only be set in the properties, in the Proxy filter
property, present if you havea class that add this property set in the server.

(1) and (2) should probably need some rewrite.
Hope this helps,

--
Yves Lafon - W3C