Re: [www-jigsaw] <none>

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:22:36 +0200 (MEST)
To: Vincent.Bourdaraud@nokia.com
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 Vincent.Bourdaraud@nokia.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use Jigsaw HTTP client (org.w3c.www.protocol.http.*) and found a weird
> behavior:
>
> I send a request to an unreachable server (DNS resolution is OK, but
> host refuses connection or has not bind on port 80). The HttpManager
> throws an HttpException but its getException() method returns null. It
> does not return any java.io.IOException or any of its subclasses
> (ConnectionException, SocketException, an so on). This is an issue since
> it makes almost impossible to handle/log network errors in an automated
> way.
>
> Did I miss used it? Is it a bug? Any input welcome...

Vincent,
The exception sent was indeed lacking the original exception. I changed a
bit the code to send back the latest exception received (as there can be
multiple retries)
Please get the new sources from cvs and test.
If getException() returns null, then it means that the connection couldn't
be established.
(If you don't get the sources from cvs I can make new jars available).

As always, the latest changes are on http://jigsaw.w3.org/new.html

Hope this helps,

--
Yves Lafon - W3C