Re: Possible problem in the HttpMessage class

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:01:05 +0100 (MET)
To: "Laird, Brian" <BLaird@perseco.com>
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org, "Hady, Jeff" <JHady@perseco.com>, "Michalak, Michael" <MMichalak@perseco.com>, "Ying, Christy" <CYing@perseco.com>, "Mrozinski, Ken" <KMrozinski@perseco.com>, "Arora, Pankaj" <PArora@perseco.com>, NextGen <nextgen@perseco.com>

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Laird, Brian wrote:

> Description
>
> We are using mirror frames to proxy a websphere server.  Our problem is
> as followings: WebSphere would send back 2 Set-Cookie headers, one is
> the LptaToken (which is quite long) and the second is JSESSIONID.  When
> jigsaw was done proxying the request those 2 headers which were combined
> into one Set-Cookie header with the 2 cookie values separated by a
> comma.  I think this is considered to be o.k. from the HTTP protocol
> standpoint, but both IE 6.0 and Netscape 4.7 didn't like it.  Both
> browsers would acknowledge that the cookie had been received but they
> would not send it back in subsequent requests.  I know they acknowledged
> or read the cookie because we had turned on prompting for all cookies.

Can you try with Jigsaw 2.2.3? I ran into that issue earlier and fixed it.
The current code in HttpMessage looks like:
 if (v instanceof HttpSetCookieList) {
		// ugly hack :(
		HttpSetCookieList hscl = (HttpSetCookieList) v;
		if (hscl.isOriginal()) {
		    int nbc = hscl.length();
              [...]
		} else {
		    int rcs = hscl.copyLength();
		    for (int j = 0 ; j < rcs ; j++) {
			out.write(d.getTitle());
			out.write(':'); out.write(' ');
			hscl.emitCopyCookie(out, j);
			out.write('\r'); out.write('\n');
		    }
		}
The HttpSetCookieList class has been also modified to keep a copy the
Set-Cookies headers "as-is".
If it is still problematic in your specific case, I'll take a closer look
at it.

--
Yves Lafon - W3C