Setup User Authentication?

From: Faisal Javeed <FJaveed@intechww.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:21:56 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-jigsaw@W3.ORG

Dear members,
I want to setup user authentication as soon as user touches the root of my
web server. It means that I need to restrict the public access to my site,
How can I do that? The documentation and the JigAdmin tool is very much
difficult and hard to understand as the documentation did not follow
exactly how JigAdmin works?

Moreover, I need to restrict the directory listing on my web site, how can
I do that? Please any help of yours would be highly appreciated.

Thanking with anticipation.

Regards
Faisal Javeed
INTECH Process Automation Pvt. Ltd.
119-B Tech Society Lahore-54590, Pakistan
Cell:      03334241582
Voice:   +92 42 5427001 (3 lines)
Fax:      +92 42 5411724
Web:     www.intechww.com