Re: set ContentDisposition

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Felicia Ionascu wrote:

> Hello,
> Could someone tell me what's wrong with this code
> (jigsaw 2.2.2)?
>
> response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;
> filename=PEWG.zip")
>
> With the debugger, the values I get after this line
> are (hope it's understandable):
>
> HttpServletResponse.reply.headers.keys[0]="content-disposition"
> HttpServletResponse.reply.headers.values[0].value=null
> HttpServletResponse.reply.headers.values[0].isValid=false
> HttpServletResponse.reply.headers.values[0].raw=byte[29]
>  (the good string)
> HttpServletResponse.reply.headers.values[0].roff=0
>
> Why  values[0].value=null when in values[0].raw there
> is the right value?
>
> Is that a bug in jigsaw?

The value will be computed only if necessary (usually when serializing the
reply on the wire). the isValid=false is an indication here. Also if you
want to get the value of the header, the isValid boolean will be checked
and the right value will be computed.
response.setHeader is working (I'm using it also).
What are you trying to do that seems to work not as expected?

Yves Lafon - W3C