Possible bug in ForwardFrame...

From: Laird, Brian <BLaird@perseco.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:07:55 -0500
To: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Cc: "Hady, Jeff" <JHady@perseco.com>, "Michalak, Michael" <MMichalak@perseco.com>

I found an instance when a forward frame is being told to unload but the manager (HttpManager) is null.  This causes the ForwardFrame to throw a null pointer exception and not shutdown the server properly.  From what I can tell during debugging, the forward frame never gets initialized, but it is some how added to list of resources to be unloaded.  My suggested code fix is listed below as well my setup.

Let me know if you have any questions or the more appropriate place to fix this.

My setup:

The root of the server is pointing to the following virtual host directory, and the followup property in the virtualhost frame attached to the VirtualHostDirectory points to the root node of the server.

	|- FramedResource (server1.company.com:8001)
		|- MirrorFrame
	|- FramedResource (server2.company.com:8001)
		|- MirrorFrame
	|- FramedResource (server3.company.com:8001)
		|- MirrorFrame

Current Code in ForwardFrame:
    public synchronized void notifyUnload()  {

Suggested fix:
    public synchronized void notifyUnload()
        if (manager != null)