RE: Problem of configuration Jigsaw SSL

[This is being resent so that it can be included in the list archive]

Ringo,

First, using a self signed certificate does work.  We have about 5 of them running here right now.  Below are the config items I have in my https-server.props file, and then also the steps we use to create the self signed certificate.  I hope this helps...

Brian

https-server.props file:

#Explicitly enables general SSL support
org.w3c.jigsaw.ssl.enabled=true
[Ringo this is the keystore I created which contains the self signed certificate]
# Points to the key store
org.w3c.jigsaw.ssl.keystore.path=keystore/testcert.keystore
# Supplies the key store access password
org.w3c.jigsaw.ssl.keystore.password=
#Finally, the socket client factory has to be set to the SSL factory:
org.w3c.jigsaw.http.ClientFactory=org.w3c.jigsaw.https.socket.SSLSocketClientFactory

Creating the self-signed certificate:
1) keytool -genkey -alias servername.companyname.com -keypass anypassword -keystore /opt/jigsaw/dev/Jigsaw/keystore/testcert.keystore -keyalg RSA
2) keytool -selfcert -alias servername.companyname.com -keystore /opt/jigsaw/dev/Jigsaw/keystore/testcert.keystore -keyalg RSA