RE: Problem of configuration Jigsaw SSL

From: Laird, Brian <BLaird@perseco.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:01:08 -0600
To: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>

[This is being resent so that it can be included in the list archive]

First, using a self signed certificate does work.  We have about 5 of them running here right now.  Below are the config items I have in my https-server.props file, and then also the steps we use to create the self signed certificate.  I hope this helps...

https-server.props file:

#Explicitly enables general SSL support
[Ringo this is the keystore I created which contains the self signed certificate]
# Points to the key store
# Supplies the key store access password
#Finally, the socket client factory has to be set to the SSL factory:

Creating the self-signed certificate:
1) keytool -genkey -alias servername.companyname.com -keypass anypassword -keystore /opt/jigsaw/dev/Jigsaw/keystore/testcert.keystore -keyalg RSA
2) keytool -selfcert -alias servername.companyname.com -keystore /opt/jigsaw/dev/Jigsaw/keystore/testcert.keystore -keyalg RSA