SSL, MirrorFrames and Redirects...

From: Laird, Brian <BLaird@perseco.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:49:05 -0600
To: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>

This is meant to be a question / clarification of what I thought a MirrorFrame would do.  I have a server setup using SSL, and when I connect to it (ex: https:\\testserver) is actually "mirroring" another server (ex: http:\\backendserver).  When the backend server issues either a 301 or 302 with a full URL specified in the location header field from the backend server (ex: http:\\testserver\somedir\somefile.html), the MirrorFrame doesn't convert it to SSL as I would expect (i.e. I am expecting the MirrorFrame to make the location field look like https:\\testserver\somedir\somefile.html).  Should the MirrorFrame handle this conversion back to SSL or is meant to be done by a custom filter?

Thanks for the continued help,
Brian