Constructor in the org.w3c.jigsaw.http.Logger

From: Laird, Brian <BLaird@perseco.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:23:59 -0600
To: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>

Is it possible to explicitly define the Logger constructor as protected or public?  Since the constructor does not explicitly define the access allowed, java defaults to allow only other classes in its package.  Since the logger is suppose to be extensible, I am not sure why I couldn't define a logger in a totally separate package.  Please let me know if I am missing something or if I should be using a different class to create a custom logger?

Thanks,
Brian