Getting a refernce to a server...

From: Durgadatt R. Kamath <kamath@global.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 23:56:09 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
hi All,

Iam fairly new to Jigsaw...

I wanted to use Jigsaw's realm to authenticate users...To retrieve the realm catalog, as far as I know, one needs to get a referene to the server...

I know the following paths are possible...
1. Within a servlet I can use GetServletContext() to retrieve a reference to the server via getServer()...
2. Using GenericAuthFilter  - the sources show how to get the catalog...

If for any reason, I wish not to use the above two routes, and wish to get a reference to the server to get to the realms catalog, is there any other alternative path?

pls. help...

regards
Durgadatt R Kamath