Re: Why GNUJSP with Jigsaw & GNUJSP in action

Why GNUJSP ?
GNUJSP runs in the same JVM as Jigsaw furthermore it is part of the
Component
model architecure which is the philosophy behind J2EE.

You can then plug in EJB server(s) for remote/local CMP (Container Managed
persistence ) to expand your
network-centric applications and load balance it. Also to Integrate legacy
database - orientated applications
The whole architecure is now written in Java.

I haven't tried it yet but I believe you can send images in JSPs using
GNUJSP.
I was on the EJB-INTEREST line and alot of people were saying that you can
only send text in JSPs.

You can also use Java's RMIs to communicate with  native drivers (
printers/scanners etc)
very easily in your GNUJSP because the whole architecture is written in Java
including JIGSAW.

In doing so you can keep your server machines smaller and avoid using
massive
mainframes when you don't have to, to get the same performance.
Also you can build your large applications using the building block concept
or KIS (Keep It Simple).

If you want to see gnujsp in action
then hit this link
http://www.objectworlds.com/servlet/snoop.jsp

This is the home page as yet unedited.
http://www.objectworlds.com

In using JIGSAW webserver in Java you have the security of knowing that you
are net compliant
and the advantages I have described above.

When I was on EJB-INTEREST I wrote as  joke you should use Informix and that
is all you need.
Alot of Oracle representatives wrote you can do BLOBs and CLOBs in Oracle.
They missed the point of J2EE altogether.
The idea is to make existing legacy applications network centric whilst
aviod using main frames.
The difficulty of  writing the network centric applications  to up hold
data entigrity
is because of the stateless protocol or WAN and the design of the web
browser.

Best Regards,
Zahid Rahman
System/applications development  isn't my name
but it is my game!!!!
http://www.objectworlds.com